We all have holiday parties we have to attend. Whether it’s at work, in the neighborhood, or with family, it’s hard to dodge those tasty holiday treats. Well, it can be done, if you have a plan. Checkout these six tips to help you stay on track during the holiday season:
• Offer to bring a healthy dish. If you missed last week’s blog, here’s the link to the healthy dish you take.
• Don’t stand next to the food table. Get your food, grab your plate and go eat somewhere else. All of the grazing by the table will add up.
• Focus on spending quality time with family and friends instead of overindulging in treats and food. Play games, tell stories, clean around the house. Do whatever you have to do to keep your mind off the treats.
• Load up on non-starchy veggies. Get those veggies like green beans, broccoli, spinach, etc., that are going to help make you feel full.
• Slow down — remember your brain is 15 minutes behind your belly. Take your time and chew your food. Enjoy it and the people around you.
• Eat your veggies first then protein and save the starch for the end.The idea here is that you are less likely to eat all of your starch after eating veggies and protein first.